Optimized to screen Point Mutations
The GMA (Gene Mutation Analysis) gels are optimized to screen point mutations.
Possible methods include: Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism (SSCP) and Heteroduplex Analysis.
The SSCP method relies on the different migration rates of single stranded DNA fragments in a non-denaturing gel run at low temperature. Two single stranded DNA fragments that differ in just one nucleotide often migrate at rates that are sufficiently different to allow complete separation of the two fragments.
For successful SSCP, the length of the DNA fragment should be in the range of 150 bp to 350 bp and the electrophoresis should be performed at constant temperature in the range of 5°C to 20°C. The Elchrom electrophoresis system combined with GMA gels is the best choice to achieve excellent results in SSCP and heteroduplex analysis.
GMA Special Features
- High sensitivity: GMA gels can be stained with SYBR
- Excellent result: GMA gels are specially developed for SSCP (SNPs, Point Mutation Screening) and heteroduplex analysis
- High throughput: up to 100 samples analysed at once
GMA General Notes
- Always use TAE buffer with GMA gels. Borate is not compatible with GMA!
- Stain after electrophoresis
- Storage: horizontally at 4°C (40°F)
- Shelf life: at least 3 months (max. 6 months)
GMA Ordering Information:
|3501||GMA Mini||1 box of 10 gels|
|3526||GMA Wide Mini S-2x13||1 box of 6x2 gels|
|3548||GMA Wide Mini S-2x25||1 box of 6x2 gels|